Thursday, January 9, 2014

Youpost 4

Key West

 
Probably the most picturesque place I visited is Key West. When I walked along the beach, feeling the fine sand between my toes and enjoying the panoramic view of the crystal-clear turquiose ocean, I thought I was in paradise. I never ever wanted to leave this place but here I am again in stodgy Austria telling you about it. Hopefully, I can spark your interest in this place by telling you more about it. First of all, before going there, you want to make sure you pack at least one swimsuit, an essential item. I can say this because I forgot mine and experienced the sweatiest holiday ever. Besides the swimsuit, you will want to bring sun glasses and a camera.


Things to do in Key West:


Most certainly you will travel to Key West via Miami as there are only a few flights destined for Key West. Don't rent a car to drive down from Miami as you won't need one in Key West. Instead, take one of the many tourist bus, which are not very expensive. When on the bus, make sure you sit in the front row so that you can enjoy the endless view.




This is the map of the Old Town Trolley route that tours around Key West. It stops at the most important places such as museums, bars, lookout towers and the beach. Using the bus to explore Key West is convenient and easy; you can get in and out wherever you want.

map of Key West




One of the stops of the Old Town Trolley is the southernmost point in the US. When visiting Key West, you have to take a picture standing next to the giant concrete monument, fashioned after a buoy. This monument is only 90 miles away from Cuba - want to hop over?






Don't forget to stop at Sloppy Joe's Bar. This bar serves the award-winning key lime pie, which is a special cocktial, Key West is famous for. Stroll along in Oldtown, where Sloppy Joe's Bar is located, and stop in at the Blonde Giraffe Key Lime Pie factory. If you prefer wine, try the one at the Key West Winery, where it is made of fruits like oranges, mangos and tangerines - but no graps. A truly unique taste bud experience!


With this post I hope to have given you a few pieces of information about Key West. It is most definitely a place to visit if you want to experience being in paradise. Knowing the beauty of this place, it is common among retired New Yorkers to move down to it to flee all city-related problems. I probably won't be able to do that but I know where to send people for a perfect beach wedding; by the way, what about your wedding?


No comments:

Post a Comment